Rara Lake nestles like a sparkling jewel amongst verdant forested hills at the heart of Nepal’s least visited National Park. At just over 5km (3miles) in length, it is the largest body of water in the country and lies at an altitude 2980m (9630ft) in the district of Mugu. The populations of several villages were relocated to the Terai when the park was inaugurated in 1975, and today the only people living within its boundaries are wardens, police and army officers. Though comparatively short, the hike in from Jumla is strenuous, passing through tranquil valleys and mysterious, magical coniferous forests of British Columbia. The pace of life in Jumla is slow indeed the town retains an atmosphere of almost total inertia. The cultural centre of town is the flag-swathed Chandan Nath temple, from within which can be heard bell-ringing and horn-blowing pujas each afternoon. The best season is March to October.
From $ 2,999 USD
Share Us On:
- Largest Selection
- Friendly Customer Service
- Offers every budget
- Best Price
Why choose Firante Treks and Expedition
- Accommodations in Kathmandu twin share with breakfast
- Twin sharing basis hotel in Nepalgunj
- Guide, cook and kitchen support staff.
- Mules or porters for luggage on the trekking.
- All meals during the treks
- All camping and cooking equipments.
- All camping Charges.
- Clients Airfare Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Jumla & Simikot/Nepalgunj /Kathmandu.
- Humla restricted area permit fee.
- All travel expenses for Nepali staffs.
- All pick up and drop services.
- DDC tax.
- All local official donations if any.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu (Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur) with tour guide
- Insurance for Clients and Emergency Rescue and medicines and medicals.
- Sightseeing entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Personal beverages.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Domestic access baggage charge.
- Sleeping bag & mattress during trip.
- International flights.
- Flight cancelations & its further more expenses.