Magic Nepal Motorbike tour
Apr 13, 2023
Nepal is a country of majestic mountains and serene landscapes, offering some of the best motorbike tours in the world. A popular and exciting tour is the "Magic Nepal Tour," which covers Kathmandu, Dolakha, Pikey Peak, Chitwan, Palpa, and Pokhara. This tour allows riders to experience Nepal's diverse culture, stunning natural beauty, and adventurous terrain. In this blog, we will provide a detailed guide on what you need for this tour, including the required equipment and permits.
The first thing you will need is a motorbike that is suitable for the terrain. It is recommended to rent a bike from a reputable rental agency in Kathmandu or Pokhara. The most commonly used motorbikes for this tour are Royal Enfield, Yamaha, Honda, and KTM. It is essential to ensure that the bike is well-maintained, has good brakes and suspension, and is comfortable to ride for long hours.
- Biking Gear List
To ensure safety while riding, it is important to wear the right gear. Here is a list of recommended gear:
- Helmet: A good-quality helmet is a must. It should fit comfortably and have a clear visor to protect your eyes from the sun, dust, and wind.
- Riding Jacket: A riding jacket is necessary to protect your arms and torso from the sun, wind, and rain. A jacket with armor on the shoulders, elbows, and back is recommended for extra protection.
- Riding Pants: Riding pants with knee and hip armor are recommended to protect against falls and abrasions.
- Gloves: Gloves with good grip and protection are necessary to keep your hands warm and to protect them from injuries in case of a fall.
- Boots: Riding boots with ankle and toe protection are recommended to provide support and stability to your feet and ankles.
To travel to certain areas in Nepal, you may need permits. The permits can be obtained from the local government offices or the Nepal Tourism Board. For the Magic Nepal Tour, you will need the following permits:
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) Card: This card is mandatory for all trekkers and can be obtained from the Nepal Tourism Board or the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN).
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP): This permit is required to enter the Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit: This permit is required to enter the Sagarmatha National Park.
- Chitwan National Park Permit: This permit is required to enter the Chitwan National Park.
- Guide and Mechanic
Having a guide and mechanic can make your tour more enjoyable and safe. A local guide can show you the best routes and hidden gems, while a mechanic can help with any mechanical issues that may arise during the tour. It is recommended to hire a guide and mechanic from a reputable agency in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Backup Jeep
A backup jeep is recommended for this tour in case of any emergencies or breakdowns. The jeep can also carry extra fuel, water, and supplies.
- Road Maps
Road maps are essential for this tour to navigate the terrain and find the best routes. You can buy road maps from local bookstores or download them online.
In conclusion, the Magic Nepal Tour is a thrilling adventure that requires proper preparation and equipment. With the right gear, permits, guide, mechanic, backup jeep, and road maps, you can experience the beauty of Nepal's landscapes, culture, and adventure. Make sure to plan your tour well in advance and choose a reputable agency for a safe and enjoyable experience.